Skip to content
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 12 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 large zucchinis, diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 cups baby kale/spinach mixture, this sounds like a lot- it cooks down to a small amount
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and jack cheese
- green onions, to garnish
- In a large pan, lightly brown ground beef and crumble well.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add vegetables, and cook until browned.
- Add canned tomatoes, taco seasoning, and any water needed for taco seasoning to evenly coat mixture (up to 1 tbsp- the liquid from the tomatoes will help)
- Add greens and let fully wilt.
- Mix well.
- Cover with shredded cheese, and let cheese melt – about five minutes Putting a lid on your pan, or covering it with a tin foil tent will hep this process.
- When cheese is melted, serve over a bed of lettuce, or eat as is
- Garnish with green onions if desired.