- 1 package ground chicken
- Two celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 3 closed garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 2 TBS olive or avocado oil
- 1 TSP sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBS sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 TSP chili garlic sauce (This is located in the Asian food aisle at Kroger. Zero carbs. Adds great flavor to a lot of dishes. I highly recommend buying some)
- 4 TBS liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, diced (optional, but so, so good)
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- Add 2 TBSP oil to a skillet or wok and heat on med/high heat.
- Add the ground chicken and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add half of the liquid aminos (or soy sauce), garlic, ginger, white onion and celery
- Continue cooking until chicken begins to brown.
- Add sesame oil, water chestnuts, remaining soy sauce, salt, pepper, chili sauce and cashews
- Cook for a few more minutes, stirring regularly to toast your cashews
- Turn off the heat and top with chopped green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Serve in lettuce cups or over rice.
*Cashews do contain more carbs than some other nuts. You can substitute peanuts if you prefer.