Skip to content
- 1 box rotini pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 1/2 cups shredded old Cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions Remember, you are cooking it more later, so don’t overcook. (6-7 minutes)
- Fry the ground beef and Italian sausage in a large skillet until browned. Mix in the onion and cook until tender. Add in the garlic, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer briefly, then set aside and cool for 10 minutes.
- Spray the casserole dish or the inside of the slow cooker. Spread a little bit of the sauce on the bottom of the dish/slow cooker, then top with the pasta.
- Sprinkle the Italian blend cheese over the pasta, then pour the remaining sauce over the casserole.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes or a slow cooker on low for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. When ready, uncover, sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and then cover again until melted.