- 12 oz bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian or pizza seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of salt & black pepper
This is by far the best low carb pizza crust recipe I have found. It does not taste eggy like fathead dough and it gets crisper. Can it get ask crispy as regular, thin, flour-based pizza dough? I’m not going to lie. No. But, the important thing is that it tastes good and it get’s crisp enough to satiety your craving. The key is getting all the water out of your cauliflower rice!! For the best results use a cheese cloth or some type of linen/cotton napkin or towel that you have set aside just for this purpose. Paper towels are not going to cut it.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Line your colander with your cheese cloth or towel
- Microwave your cauliflower rice per package instructions
- Dump the cooked cauliflower rice into your colander and let it cool a bit. Otherwise you’ll burn yourself trying to squeeze out the hot water.
- Whisk one egg in a small mixing bowl
- Add salt, pepper, and seasonings
- Fold in your cheeses
- Now squeeze, squeeze, squeeze! Get as much water out of that cauliflower as possible
- Fold your cauliflower into your egg mixture
- Dump your crust mixture onto a sheet or parchment paper and top with a second sheet
- Press into the shape you want, making sure that it’s thin! (I personally use this recipe to make two, personal-sized pizzas, because the crispy edges are the best and this doubles the amount of crispy edges), but you can make one crust if you prefer.
- Discard your top piece of parchment paper and transfer the remaining parchment with your crust to your pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Par bake for 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Remove from over, add your toppings. Return to oven and cook for 12 – 15 additional minutes.
- Remove your pizza from the oven and let it rest for five minutes before serving.