I’ve recently discovered chaffles and they are, in my opinion, the BEST bread substitute for the Keto diet. They are easy to make, adaptable for several dishes and tasty.
A chaffle is sort of a spin on fathead dough, but it’s grilled in your waffle iron so it’s got a crispy goodness that takes it to the next level. It’s very versatile. You can use different cheeses and herbs to compliment whatever your serving with it.
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl except your shredded cheese.
- Mix well and then fold in your cheese.
- Pour batter into your waffle iron and grill exactly as you would any waffle batter.
- Cut into quarters or strips to accompany your meal
So far I’ve used these as dippers for Chile and as a side with Italian meatballs. This week I am going to serve them with my Keto broccoli cheddar soup.