- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Wash your sweet potatoes and cut them in half width-wise. It really doesn’t matter how you slice them. You just want wedges. I think cutting them this way first makes it easier to cut them into wedges. I leave the skin on.
- Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (400 – 450)
- Make cilantro lime dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 4-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
- 4 Toss with dressing: Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot. These flavors are amazing with sweet potato. Who knew?