Skip to content
- 1 box ziti or penne pasta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa (I like the fresh salsa you find in the refrigerated section better than jar salsa)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (Use taco seasoning if you don’t have this)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (15 oz) corn (drained)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 3 cooked shredded/chunked chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips, Doritos or Fritos (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Don’t forget to salt the pasta water. I use about 1 teaspoon salt.
- While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, salsa, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the pasta when it’s done cooking and add into the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Add in the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take the tin foil off and let cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with broken chips of your choice (optional)
- Other great, but optional garnishes include green onions, tomato, and avocado slices if wanted.