Makes 12 muffins. These can be kept in the fridge for 5 days, but they also freeze really well. Just wrap them individually and thaw them before eating or microwave for 30 seconds.
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup breakfast meat of your choice, (Ham chunks, crumbled bacon or sausage)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 large slice of red onion diced
- 2 green onion diced
- 6 oz. shreeded cheese of your choice. Mix it up.
- To make these Breakfast Egg Muffins, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and spraying a 12 count muffin or cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
- Crack your eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl or a large measuring cup, add spices and whisk to combine.
- Start layering your ingredients in the pan, leaving a bit of the ingredients off to the side to top your egg muffin cups at the end.
- Pour your whisked eggs into the muffin tins about half way, let settle and then add a little more. You want your muffin tins filled almost all the way to the top. Once your muffin tins are filled, take a fork and lightly stir each of the muffin tins to mix everything together. Top with reserved ingredients and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in the muffin tin for 1-2 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of the muffin tins and gently remove from the pan, using the tip of the knife under the muffin the gently lift out.