Skip to content
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
- 2 jars pasta sauce
- 1 (24 oz) container of ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 oz.) box regular lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Brown beef and sausage in large skillet until no pink remains and then drain.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water.
- In a mixing bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and Romano cheeses, eggs and Italian seasoning.
- Cover the bottom of a 6 qt. Crockpot with 1 1/2 cups or so of meat sauce mixture.
- Top with a layer of lasagna noodles. (It’s okay to break them in half if it helps get the coverage you want)
- Add a layer of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers of meat > pasta > cheese until are gone ending with meat sauce over the noodles.
- Cover with lid.
- Cook on low 3 1/2 -4 1/2 hours or until liquid is absorbed.(3 hours 45 minutes was perfect with my Crockpot, but slow cooker times may vary)
- Shut off Crockpot and top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and cover to melt-maybe 10 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and/or garlic bread