Skip to content
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or white rice)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning (I use this easy homemade one.)
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 (2 1/3 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2/3 cup fritos (optional)
- Garnishes: chopped green onions, diced avocado, sour cream or diced tomato.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large nonstick skillet, add ground beef, taco seasoning, and 3 TB water. Stir together to incorporate. Brown until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In an baking dish, layer cooked rice on the bottom of dish. In a microwavable bowl, combine refried beans and salsa. Microwave until hot, about 2 minutes. Stir and layer mixture over the rice.
- Layer browned beef mixture over the beans/salsa. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the beef, followed by all the chips (if using) and top with remaining cheese and black olives. Bake 10 minutes at 350F or just until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions, avocados, or tomatoes. Serve warm.