Skip to content
- Kosher salt, as needed, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Non-stick spray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar, plus 1/2 cup for topping the casserole
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt.
- Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes.