- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1.5 cups quick cooking white (or brown rice) rice
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ~3/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Toppings: avocado, diced tomato, corn, more cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Then, spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. On the bottom of your dish, pour in 1.5 cups of quick cooking rice and 1 cup of water. Set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix together diced tomatoes (keep liquid), pinto beans, black beans, jalapeño, minced garlic, and all of the spices. Then, add in ground chicken (uncooked), and mix again. Pour on top of rice and spread evenly. Cover casserole dish with tin foil.
- Bake the casserole for 40 minutes at 350ºF. Then sprinkle on cheese, increase heat to 375ºF and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Top with more cheese, avocado, diced tomato, salsa, guac. Your choice!