I found this recipe on Pinterest during my quest to build a library of Keto meals. We loved it! It’s super easy to make and it’s one of those recipes that everyone will enjoy. They’ll never know it’s low carb or low anything! Yum! Serves 6 – 8. (I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and it worked great.
1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning (try to find one that’s free of MSG, starches, and any additives)
1/2 med white onion, diced
1 small tomatoe diced
1 cup Mexican blend cheese finely shredded, quantity divided
4 large eggs
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
**Note – This was my version of the recipe. Check the link for the original version which I’m sure is also awesome. I altered it based on what I had on hand. This is super versatile recipe so you could easily add jalapeno, cilantro, or use chorizo rather than ground beef.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare a deep dish 9″ pie pan by greasing with butter or spraying with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, add ground beef, breaking up into small pieces with a spoon or spatula. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Drain beef and add taco seasoning and cook according to package instructions. Set aside and allow to cool while continuing with the next step.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream. Stir in the onions, tomatoes, 3/4 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir prepared taco meat into the egg mixture. Pour this mixture into the prepared pie pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the top is brown and the pie is set. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite taco toppings such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, sliced green onions, or whatever else you like!